Comedy Reminders to Myself (to others it may not apply)
1. Sometimes, it's not about the show. It's about the people you meet before/after. Oh yeah, I met that fantastic person at that shit show!
2. There may be less than 5 people in the audience, but they're nice enough to listen and they want to be entertained. Fucking give it to them! You never know who is watching.
3. Make eye contact. Don't be checked out and staring at the back wall.
4. Have something fun to say when you get on stage. Maybe a little thing to add to the last comedian's joke. A callback to something. A little greeting- something goofy, anything!
5. Before the show it's always good to meet the other people on the bill. Why be an anti-social asshole? Find out what these other people are all about. We're all awkward, it's not a big deal. Get past it now and try to learn their names.
6. If you're going to be on your phone, for fucks sake, don't sit near the stage! You're setting a bad example to comedians and you're telling other people in the audience that it's okay to check out.
7. Take a compliment and don't shit on your set. Just say thank you.
8. Don't shit on the venue, don't shit on other comics and stop being negative.
9. Don't give out compliments if you don't mean it. Just be genuine.
10. Take a deep breath, relax. Enjoy what you're doing.
Work hard. Be funny. HAVE FUN.